Today's blog is written by the lovely and wonderful Matt Banker, (who happens to also be my boyfriend for anyone who doesn't know).
So we hope you enjoy!
P.S. follow Matt on Instagram @mattbanker
and/or follow Miles on Instagram @miles.the.magnificent
1. What is your pet’s name?
Miles Rutherford Banker the First
2. How did you come up with the name, does it have any specific significance?
At the animal shelter they brought him out and said he was a girl and “her” name was Madeline. I realized it was a boy and went with Miles to stick with an 'M' name and because he is my hiking buddy, as in we’d be hiking miles together
3. How old is your pet?
3 and a half
4. When did you get your pet?
5. What breed is your pet?
6. How old were you when you got your pet?
7. How did you get your pet?
At Young Williams Animal Shelter
8. What is your pets’ favorite food?
9. What is your pet’s favorite game?
He loves fetch and chasing goats
10. What is your favorite thing to do together?
11. Do you go outdoors? If yes, where is your favorite place to go together?
Yes! The Obed is the best place because he can explore off the leash
12. What is a bad habit that your pet has?
He begs for food like crazy. He also likes to jump on people.
13. What is the best thing about your pet?
He’s extremely loyal. I can let him off the leash and he’ll be out of my sight and I can whistle for him and he’ll be by my side in a second. He’s also just cutest.
14. What is the naughtiest thing your pet has ever done?
I had just bought him a new bed and he chewed it all up.
15. What is the funniest memory involving your pet?
We were out by the river and he just jumped up on Sam (who was in a bikini) and barfed on her stomach and then ran off
16. What is the best memory involving your pet?
We were hiking at Virgin Falls and were jumping in the river at the rope swing. He had never swam before and he was nervous to get in. Joe jumped in first and Miles just watched him. Then Nathan jumped in and Miles just watched him. Then I jumped in and he immediately jumped in after me. I think he was trying to save me. The rest of the day anytime anyone jumped in he would swim out and round them back to the shore.
17. What is the hardest thing about being a pet owner?
Leaving him at home when I go to work
18. What is the most rewarding thing about being a pet owner?
19. Does your pet have a nickname and what is it?
Smiles and Squirt
20. Have you ever taught your pet any tricks if so, what?
He knows how to sit, lay down, roll over, spin, and shake
Matt and Sam and Miles